24 August 2010

Moving Day

We moved out! Well, not entirely, but the big stuff is out of the apartment and into storage in Vermont: the couch, the chairs, the bookshelves, our books, all the martini glasses save two (we think ahead), etc. There's still a lot more to pack and move, which will most likely necessitate a second trip to Vermont and a few more runs to my father's place, but any day you parallel park a Uhaul truck in Manhattan and fill it with furniture carried down from your fourth floor walk-up has got to earn the title "Moving Day."

Merlin's brother Luke and his girlfriend Sarah were around to help, which was great.

Luke helped Merlin lift...

While Sarah guarded the Uhaul for hours...

And hours...

And hours...


It was a hot two days, and many Diet Dr. Peppers were had, but finally we were ready to get on the road up to the storage unit. Merlin and I were in the Uhaul with Sarah and Luke following in our Subaru.

By the time we arrived at the storage unit we were a little delirious from the heat and the magnitude of the job ahead of us.


Inspired by Luke's tanned shirtlessness (and heat stroke), Merlin began a storage unit photoshoot


which resulted in the best faux hipster rock band album cover ever:

(Again- it was hot. My dress was discarded. I'm not ashamed and, yes, I wear bloomers).

Amazingly, everything we brought fit , with some room to spare. It may have been tighter had we brought our bed, but when the boys couldn't figure out how to take it apart, they decided to just chop it to pieces and leave it behind. Of course, on around the third hammer whack, they saw exactly how it could have been dismantled... but, hey, one less thing to put in storage. We never liked that bed anyway...

10 comments:

  1. love that last picture! I'm into the bloomers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loan offer with 0% interest contact Lightstreamloanlender@gmail.com for any Financial help....Business loan, loan to acquire a House or a Car etc....

      Delete
  2. Loan offer with 0% interest contact Lightstreamloanlender@gmail.com for any Financial help....Business loan, loan to acquire a House or a Car etc....

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Mrs Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Mr GHITA DANIEL, am a Citizen Of ROMANIA. Have you been looking for a loan? Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr. Mark Thomas FOIRM Ronnie Finance Ltd he help me with a loan of $85,000 some days ago after been scammed of $8,000 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $85,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email: markthomasfinanceltd@gmail.com

    Whats-App no +919667837169
    Dr. Mark Thomas

    LOAN APPLICATION DETAILS
    Name:…………
    Address…………
    Loan Amount:……
    Loan duration…
    Monthly income…………
    Nationality……
    Country………
    Occupation......
    State…………
    Zip/Code………
    Gender…………
    Age…………
    Marital Status……………
    Telephone………………

    FORM Ronnie Finance Ltd
    Dr. Mark Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apply for loan here personal loan Easy Loan's available here apply from $3,000 to $20,000,000 within 24 hours upon request. Other types of loans are also available in less than 48 hours. Contact me as needed. Contact Us At : abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
    whatspp Number +918929490461
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  6. My name is Samuel, I was in love with my wife and we were married for eight years with a son his is Liam,I loved my wife so much she had access to all my bank account and even my cash app which my accountant agreed to and said it was a great idea, then it took my wife and my accountant two month to get hold of all my properties,all accounts but I had a cash app which they knew nothing about,I was thrown out of my own house was sleeping in a hotel for weeks she also took possession of my son could only see him once a week then I found out she was in love with my accountant all these while so I went online and I came across a Russian private investigator who help me get all my properties and my accounts back even my company back how he did these I don’t know but I gave all the information he asked for and followed all his instructions and now I’m happy my life’s better now.
    Thanks to premiumhackservices@gmail.com
    I just said I should share my own story here
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moving needs a proper and stable packaging of your belongings. You have to wrap all your things precisely to avoid damages. There are several option to get your packaging material from Polypropylene film supplier. They are providing all items at an affordable rate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lost Crypto Assets Recovery Expert; CaptainWeb Genesis.

    Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency scams are becoming rampant as the day goes by. One should be careful when dealing with unauthorized online investments firms especially when it has to deal with fake Brokers. I had been Scammed recently for a large sum of my funds . Getting back your stolen Crypto is very easy but there are also lots of fraudulent recovery firms out there so you need to be careful not to end up being defrauded again. CaptainWeb Genesis is the most trusted and reliable Crypto Recovery Expert who helped me recover my scammed funds back. CaptainWeb Genesis specializes in recovering bitcoin and tokens that have been taken from you by Scammers. Reach out the expert through;

    Email ;Captainwebgenesis@hackermail.com
    WhatsApp +1 (447) 442-0456.

    CaptainWeb Genesis provides excellent services.

    ReplyDelete